View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 07:01 AM
Elevation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
Since we're talking wars...

I've always compared your struggle to The Vietnam War. You'll lose every court battle but the terrible cost enacted on the company through the "process", the press and through their own shareholders growing impatient will equal either a victory or a complete destruction of the company. So right now they win a court battle and people complain about their 1% in dues when they should've been at UPS 2 years ago. The press reads the complaining, reports on the picketing and the shareholders see the cancelling of contracts and parking of jets that are leased. Profits suffer and stock prices tank. The people who complain about their 1% eventually get the hint and move on as do the union supporters.

As long as the pilot group never gives in the company will win court case after court case... And in the end they'll be left with nothing but a couple hundred company stooges and unhireables to fly 20% of the airplanes that they can crew which will result in cancelling of all the contracts with unhappy customers.... Or they can just pay you. Or you can give in because you want your 1% and be paid cents on the dollar like ACMI pilots are paid.

The funny thing to me is that all these "1%" people came to Atlas thinking that there was a happy ending in this for them. War is Hell.
Agreed. In the end, closer ties to the US won out too. There's a lot we could dissect in terms of goals, limitations, fact v perception, etc.

Tons of history dorks here. I was inappropriate in comparing our struggle to armed conflict. It's easy to reference contemporary history since most pilots seem to know something about the subject.

Fundamentally it's wrong to compare what we do to combat. It cheapens the idea of combat. For us it leads to emotion when we need to be clinical. It leads to some other bad ideas on our part too.

I took the leap into war analogies. I was wrong to do so. I apologize. I shouldn't have lead us down this rabbit hole.

Last edited by Elevation; 02-02-2020 at 07:22 AM.