View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 09:33 AM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Lumberg823 View Post
The newest CA upgrade at DL was a 2 year on property guy so I don’t think being stuck is a reason to stay. Year 2 FO pay at the top 5 seems to be comparable to mid level CA ACMI pay so it would be a hit financially for a year but the financials should work out within a year to jump ship. I’m not there so I’m not judging, just offering a data point for anyone thinking they are helpless.
It takes 3.7 years for a 7 year 747 Captain at Atlas to break even on the money he loses at UPS. Slightly longer at FedEx. So the assumptions are... 1. A 7 year 747 Captain at Atlas... 2. Leaves for UPS.... 3. Is an FO at UPS for 3.7 years... and 4. Makes an equal amount of money as if he'd just stayed at Atlas. Of course this is just 3.7 years, doesn't count upgrades, doesn't count what happens after 3.7 years. It also assumes that Atlas stays in business for 3.7 years. At FedEx it's on the 767 where you make a little less than the 777... My guess is that a 777 guy breaks even in 4-4.5 years at FedEx.

Once you upgrade you're making around $100k a year more at FedEx than Atlas and probably $150k once you hit widebody. So once I upgrade I'll be making up for the money I lost on first year pay literally every year and then some.