View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 02:12 PM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Gloriousprofits View Post
I was an 8yr Atlas 767 Captain, now at FedEx for just under a year. Here are the facts, I took home about $2,600 every two weeks at Atlas. Maybe $3,100 on the big check only because of some perdiem, I would break guarantee by less than 20 hours per year so this was a very truthful and consistent scenario, I was funding my 401k at 15%.

Now at FIRST YEAR FedEx widebody Pay, I take home about $1,900 every two weeks, maybe $2,600 when there is some per diem. They are funding my 401K at 9%, (I paused my contribution for the first year) and I have a pension, superior health care, lifetime disability insurance, and fantastic schedule flexibility (drop, trade, pick up).

I can't quantify the mental health benefits of being in a much more positive atmosphere, where the goal is to go do a job well, rather than defend from an all out, fight to the death war being waged by management.
If you're living in TN (or a state with no state income tax..), your take home will be $4600 in the 4 week months for the small checks.... The checks with Per Diem and Over Guarantee will depend on what you did the previous month. I rarely leave my house so the Per Diem is usually light. 5 week months usually start at around $5500-6000 take home for the small checks. I'm averaging $11,700 take home a month since I started 2nd year pay last July. I'm gone from home 2-4 nights a month on average.

It baffles me that people sit on the fence with people telling them these things.... People need to be doing whatever they can to get to a Legacy, FedEx, or UPS right now. Let Atlas management figure it out on their own.