View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 08:33 AM
TiredSoul
All is fine at .79

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot

Originally Posted by Aquilotti1 View Post
Thanks to everyone on the advice. I made up my mind and I will be taking an unpaid leave from my FA job for 2 months and join a part 141 school and take my private there full time and hopefully finish by the end of the 2 months and after that I will make my decison to either go back to work as a FA or quit my job for good and go for the rest of the ratings.
Sounds like you’re not taking our advice though.
Even a Part 61 school can do your Private in 4 weeks and not 8.
There is no advantage I’m doing your Private Part 141, there is in doing your Instrument Part 141 as it deletes the 50 hr XC requirements.
Its very hard to see the trees through the forest if you’re not familiar with the (training) industry.
Ill repeat, do not DO NOT DO NOT give up your day job for full time training.
You have the luxury of a job that gives you blocks of time off.
Use it.
Also....do not underestimate the value of a job in aviation to keep your motivation going.
Every time you step on board the airplane and you take a right turn you tell yourself........one day it will be left one day it will be left one day it will be a left turn.
Trust me on this, not all flight training is fun and you’ll have bad days and you’ll have terrible days where you’ve spend a lot of money and doubt sets it.
Keep your eyes on the trophy.