View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 08:40 AM
RockBottom
Fun Officer

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: Dallas, Texas
Red face D/FW AMR gate agents

Well, on Friday I was trying to jumpseat out of D/FW, and I finally did on the 3rd attempt. This question is this: what can I do to increase my odds of getting the agent to let me on the jumpseat? I haven't had this sort of problem anywhere else in the American network. I work for a CASS airline, my info was input via CASS, yet twice I was "rolled over" to the next flight. Both times I asked if the jumpseat was taken already, and the agent one time said no but it was too late to let me on -I had been patiently waiting in the boarding area for over an hour- , and the other agent on the next flight said that the jumpseat wasn't "authorized" on that flight. Can anyone tell me what that means? I was starting to get really frustrated, but didn't want to show it with respect to the free valuable benefit jumpseating is.

Bottom line from RockBottom is that the first 2 flights I tried to jumpseat on left with an open jumpseat. Short of pounding on the counter to remind them I'm there and am jumpseat qualified, any suggestions for helping myself get on these flights next time?

Last edited by RockBottom; 04-23-2006 at 11:18 AM.