Thread: UPS 2020 Hiring
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 12:16 AM
FTv3
Social Media retired.

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by Suzy Greenberg View Post
If one were a new hire FO and about to be putting in his/her, as a commuter f/ the west coast I would assume 74 Anc would be a good top choice, followed by md sdf and then maybe 75/6 ont or z maybe?
Hi. You won’t be given the overall choice. They’ll either put you in the heavy class (74&MD) or the 76 and bus. You can then only choose a fleet within each group IF you got enough class seniority to hold what you want. Depending where on the west coast, MD probably a better choice. They fly a lot into ONT and OAK. For the 75 and bus class, again, I think it would depend on where you are commuting from and what you longer term plans are. Example: if you want to get into intl flying then take the 76 and transfer to the Z when you can.

To your previous post, looking at the MD bid pack and which trips I would guess go junior, doesn’t look too commuter friendly but not undoable either. Plus, there are VTO options (vacation and training coverage lines) reserve move up options, and trip trading and dropping options. We are largely a commuter airline.