View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 09:01 AM
Shenzi105
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019
Position: Phenom driver

Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post
Hi guys, needed a little insight over a dilemma I am having which is making me consider the 135 Ops.

I am currently working as a CFI , logged about 1800 hours , out of which are 500+ light twin hours. I was ready to make the jump to regionals, but due to me not able to move away from my base FLL/MIA due to some reasons (commuting is a no go), it only left me with silver airways, or just continuing my job as a CFI for atleast another year.

However, i am also considering fractionals , preferably (netjets/flexjets) however it seems like i only fall under netjets due to their lowering of minimums. I just haven’t met any pilot yet who can tell me the typical lifestyle at being in a fractional.

My primary cause to working would be due to being in base, i did see through different types of scheduling 8-7, 7-7, PBS etc, now what i didn’t get is on a duty of 7 days are we expected to be on road away from home during those days or come back most nights (What’s the norm). Some posts do also mention spending a lot of time just sitting at FBOs?

I, however do plan on switching to 121 after 1-2 years at fractionals so realistically would i need to be starting as a FO at a regional after said time? Or is there any possibility to jump direct captain or even to a Major?

Lastly, i did read that there isn’t a contract signed by FJ and you can leave anytime
you want , but does anyone know do we need to sign a contract or any clause that stops us from leaving NJ after said time?

Thanks if anyone can fill me in.
I would suggest you go to the Regionals to build commercial flying ops experience and then decide if the airlines are for you or if you prefer the Fractional life. Going straight to NetJets without prior job (non-CFI) experience isn't going to be easy.