View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 09:28 AM
Skywriting
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by SkyHigh
One of the benefits that I enjoy now that I am outside of aviation is that I can afford not to always have a positive take on the industry. When you are totally invested in a cause you have no option but to try and see only the positive no matter how unrealistic it is. Wearing ruby slippers and wishing upon a star will not make you a Dorthy.

You and the handful of dreamers that are left can tap your heels all you want but the next generation is coming and are already braced for a life of poverty and sacrifice to be pilots. They wouldn't think twice about taking jobs at Delta or other companies at half the current already cut wages.

SKyHigh
Your negativety on this subject has been very will document and I need not say anything further in that regard.
I would point out though , many people on the opposite side of the debate have suffered and died for the privlege you have of expressing your opinions on this forum and far to many did't have the opportunities you have and continue to have.
It seems to me that its not fair to those that fought hard for benifits , wages and workrules and then just resign ones self to the status quo. You may think this attitude is looking at things with rose color glasses and your entitled to your opinion . But wearing rose colored glasses has more appeal to me than blinders.
I'm sorry your jaded toward this industry most of us love. Hope you can find your calling before its to late.