View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 08:45 AM
grumpydwarf
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by Ymayorsh View Post
Ok I had applied twice for this position and withdrew my application twice because I thought that the regionals were a better choice for me. However, after almost a year at the regionals, I have seen the treatment pilots get which is very dismal to say the least. My question is: If I apply for it a third time, would they denied my application? Or would I be able to apply and get hired? What are the hard places to fill now days? Is there a recruiter that I can contact? And at which point, during the hiring process, I would know what location will be assigned to me and what airplane I would be flying? Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the club. Regional's were a real pain, so I feel ya. From my understanding, they are hurting for pilots and won't count your withdrawls against you. USAJOBS would be the longest way to get hired. AMO has direct hiring authority, so I'd go VFR direct to them. I hear there are hiring fairs where you can interview and poly in the same day, but I don't know where or when the next is.