Thread: Video Interview
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 05:24 AM
KIGECA97531
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by avident22 View Post
I live in Fort Lauderdale... should I go to a envoy or republic with Mia bases or go to Allegiant in hopes of being at FLL within a year? You guys day misery depends on situation... that’s mine. Thoughts...
Be ready to spend a year+ in Allentown or Des Moines. Maybe Belleville or Rockford, IL. Then crew service calls when you're in the shower, you call them back 12 minutes later, and get told you have a No Show. You now get a free trip to Vegas to do a carpet dance, and you may literally lose your job if you're still on probation. Be ready when you sit 5 of your 6 days of reserve for the week, and crew service calls to tell you that tomorrow, on your last day, your reserve shift is being pushed back 4 hours, so now you can't commute home for your 3 days off. This actually ends up happening every week, you learn. Or when you get called out on a trip with 2 ferry flights and a 4 hour "limo" (Prius) ride, get back at 1am on your day off, get an "NDO" ("No Day Off") on your schedule, then get told you aren't getting paid for the day off you lost. Then you finally get a bid back to FLL, you're going to be on the bottom for a long time, life on reserve, but at least you're home. Summer comes along, and you find out you're getting TDY'd to Allentown. Oops. This ends up getting extended for 3 months. You're paying rent in FLL, living in a hotel room away from your family, no car, eating McDonalds every day (all that's next to the hotel), and taking 9 minute showers on reserve.

This is not an exaggeration. Come here with eyes open if you do, because I don't want to hear another person b1tching on our facebook page in a year how much their life sucks. Management won't fix these things until they quit getting pilots knocking down the door of the training center. We face a general lack of respect, and an acute hatred of pilots at every level of the company HQ. They are told from day one that we are lazy, greedy, and cause all the problems at this company. Then they treat us accordingly.