Thread: SkyWest ?’s
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 06:17 AM
amcnd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by MrAviator180 View Post
Good evening ladies gentlemen,

I am shopping for a regional. 1550TT. 680 turbine, with 200 some odd of it being 135 PIC. Have some Q’s.

How far out are class dates? Are you still sharing hotel rooms during training? (From what I understand they’re 2 separate rooms, in a room, not like your standard double queen)??

How is the pilot group and morale at SkyWest?

How does management handle it if you miss a commute? How many times will they allow it before you get shown the door?

How long did it take to start being able to pick trips you wanted/actually liked?

i understand these are loaded questions that may yield some very different answers. Just trying to get a general idea.

Morale... only 1/6-1/3 even votes on sapa stuff. People don't get involved. But you don't hear much complaining. Pay check never bonuses, solid growth over the last 40+ years. Every once and a while you get hosed. (Like bypasses for class for a month or 2, but pay protected) I know one guy that is at 36 days, company average is 6.8 a year.. hard to tell. We don't have a hard number like some airlines. Thats good and bad. Good that they will work with you. Bad that you don’t know what the number is... Class dates?? CPT is now all outsourced. So Class sizes have increased. ERJ has a class of 60 coming up this month. And the CRJ runs 64 twice a month now.. Most guys at the bottom move up 80 a month.. best advice. Move close to base.. make a adventure out of it for your family... .. good luck.