Thread: Many Questions
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 06:47 AM
N1sync
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: jets

Originally Posted by VidNan View Post
Hi guys, I know commuting has been addressed on this forum but just want to see what you think as it pertains to my situation. Currently living in Maryland and looking at moving on from my regional and into one of the LCC/ULCC. I like the idea of Allegiant as it is only day duties but I wont be able to move to a base for a number of years (due wife's career). Is it feasible to commute from MD to say PIT, ABE or AVL and still have some sort of QOL? Looking on Allegiant's website it looks like they only fly BWI to ABE.
Would you say stay or jump ship and get ahead on seniority now?

Thanks again
You could do that if you really wanted to and your seniority would probably be pretty decent in ABE or PIT after 6-12 months but... you’re gonna have a lot of single days off regardless of seniority and unless you want to come here specifically for another base that you would move to a few years down the road, I would go to spirit since they’ve got a rumored BWI base opening.

also, our management is ‘integrity challenged’ and they won’t treat you like the professional you are. You will most likely be treated with much more respect at ANY other airline, including your regional.

We (the pilots) would LOVE to have you and many people are able to make the commute work however, if you come here don’t complain on this forum or our closed group about your schedule or lack of commutability, those who do are incredibly annoying.