View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 08:55 AM
Battlinbear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: 2 Fan **** Can

That’s a pretty far drive. 4 hours both ends 3-5 times a month would get extremely old and expensive. AA is by far the worst place to be right now. I’m talking about the CBA. That being said it’s always better to go to worst one before it gets better, instead of the best place late. AA pilots will get a leading cba at some point and hopefully it becomes the best place to work. I take it you’re a younger guy. in 8/9 years you will be bidding 50% at AA out of 15k pilots. that’s a very long widebody career sir. AA says they will pay off 7 B in debt in 3 years, and Parker’s huge risks might actually workout. If I wasn't fortunate to have flowed or got hired at United I would have happily taken a 30 year career at Spirit or Jet Blue. If the last bid is any indication of things to come being at AA before 2023 you’re going to be able to pick your poison. Left seat NB or rolling into Europe in the Bunk of a 78. Personally I would make the switch and make the family move closer to my base. But, i’m a selfish only child so I dont know how that whole family dynamic thing works.