View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 09:33 AM
PotatoChip
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

In regards to technology, I absolutely think what they do could be a game changer. Honestly, I don’t think you should even compare it to what anybody has right now. In my personal opinion, and what I would like to see, is how he compares it to Uber and ridesharing services. Think about this, without the app, Uber is nothing. What if it were the same for breeze?
what if it were an app with an airline, not an airline with an app? Uber completely disrupted the taxi service. At this point, it’s almost hard to imagine what it was like when we had to call a taxi and wait for 20 minutes for some disgruntled person to overcharge us for a short drive. It’s crazy how far ride sharing has come and how ubiquitous it is.
what if the breeze app allowed customers to purchase airline tickets with prices that fluctuated with demand on a minute by minute basis similar to the way that Uber charges for ridesharing? Because they are focusing on a leisure travel market, especially weekend travelers, the app could allow them to simply open it up and buy a quick weekend ticket for say under $100, and it be a direct flight to a popular leisure Destiination.
with enough destinations, people could use the app where they lived and just check flights for the fun of it at any time. It wouldn’t be the traditional opening of a search engine and looking for the lowest flights. It would be a completely different idea and model. Changing the paradigm of how people think of buying tickets. Similar to what Expedia etc did to travel agents 20 years ago...

Just my stream of conscious thought on it.