Old 02-09-2020, 04:57 PM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Cherie1564 View Post
Alright gentleman. I’m dating a pilot, regional. We live together and have a dog. I must say it’s very easy to say that a woman isn’t independent because they are hesitant about this lifestyle. I didn’t get into a relationship or possible marriage to be physically/emotionally away more times than not. I also didn’t get into one to take on life alone and always have to handle everything. Just because someone doesnt want to date someone who is gone all the time because it means they have to take care of everything, have less personal or free time, and feel like they are always on the clock has nothing to do with independence.
The grass isnt always greener but I have no time to myself with a puppy we both wanted. To be honest if it’s even worse with kids, and I still need to work, I’m not sure how that’s fair. I already have to plan organize schedule and clean. He only “helps” me. Free time to do my things? What time? I’m gone 11 hours for work (8 hours working, 1 hour lunch, 1 hour commute each way) a day and then come home to Take care of the dog. I can’t go out after work, my free time is based off his schedule and then I have to choose seeing him for the one or two nights he’s home or going out with a friend. Those days also have to coincide with my friends schedule and the last time I saw a friend a got one hour with her. I don’t get to go do things for myself because I have to come home to feed walk & let the dog out. I’m not sure how I would survive with kids. My pilot sees
friends and goes out with coworkers regularly. In fact he’s in his home town three nights this week. He says he needs more sleep than me and shouldn’t have to give up sleep or fun because that’s a benefit of his job. So where’s my benefit, or should I just be grateful he’s willing to date me?
You need to have a little self respect and vote with your feet and leave! Find a nice accountant for your next boyfriend.