Thread: C20 Update
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 05:48 AM
theUpsideDown
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by DALFA View Post
First off, don’t call me kiddo. I was out in the workforce when you probably still had diapers on. Second off, you can deflect all you want but the reason the industry as a whole isn’t recovered from all the rounds of bankruptcies is because the NMB has basically said they won’t release any of the major airlines to strike. You can keep deflecting all you want but voting for your friend Mitch and Johnny did absolutely nothing to make it a better negotiating environment. Management is now free to drag on negotiations for years, and you won’t see a single penny extra, because the NMB is as anti-worker as they come.
My guess would be you were bouncing around in whatever unnammed limbo workforce while my pilot group got authorization for a strike in the last republican cycle who hated unionized workers. That was after the company had dragged negotiations out. Speaking as a guy who has met an nmb member and volunteered doing heavy lifting for years while you hadnt heard of an organizing drive yet, i have some appreciation for your zeal and why ive held off calling you out in public the last few times you were factually wrong or out of line. Youve gone a little too far and im pretty sure judging from your bizarre non-sequitor reply you arent even keeping track of which user name is replying to you.

Cut the crap, guys on here can disagree with you and still have valid opinions. People vote for a variety of reasons which are at times deeply personal and conflict with their unions goals.

For all the hatred of the NMB the truth is they rarely let the company officers get away with murder doesnt matter who appointed the 3rd member, and the "deep state" workers in the NMB whove kept things together for decades are very helpful to both sides. The company doesnt get to railroad the union or visa versa, though, theres some body checking that wont get called. In the RLA its on the union to be reasonable, there is exactly zero patience for fist pounding on the table or the chest. Be reasonable and play inside the rules and youll get released. As for the nonsense, no one that matters cares.

​​​​​​Nor should they.