View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 08:04 AM
fly14
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by 123494 View Post
Bump. Took the test for the second time and received the message saying I did not score high enough. I went into the test with the usual advice to answer the questions honestly, to be consistent, and to avoid answering yes to the always/never questions. I found test prep from Career Takeoff and thought about purchasing it, but decided not to and just give it my best shot. I am eligible to retest in August and will purchase the course this time. Has anyone tried their course and passed? Anyone out there like me that passed it on their third try? I am just frustrated with myself and am hoping to pass it come August. I will also be at or above 1000 TPIC by then. Thank you.
Sorry to hear that. A piece of advice that I was given and found useful was if a question doesn’t already say “at work” in it, then pretend it does.

In a crew environment I’m likely to be assertive and take a leadership role, in a personal setting that may not always be the case. I have to imagine every airline is looking to hire future captains who are capable of assertiveness and exerting leadership, and many of the questions in the OFA seem to target those attributes.

You’re right on track taking that thing early and often. Every airline wants employees who prioritize customer service and working together. It’s nothing groundbreaking, but these principles certainly have relevance in many of the questions asked in the OFA. Good luck.