View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 04:03 PM
mrfishy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2019

I moved in with family temporarily during training. Where I lived before was going to be a 2 leg commute for republic and I had no ties there. Rather than pay rent, I was able to bunk with family. I had two days off between indoc/gos and Ethos which allowed me to get all my stuff packed up, drive to my temporary location, put all the crap in a storage locker, and continue on ETHOS. I am not moving anything or seriously searching for apartments until I pass the checkride/line check and they release me into the wild. I would hate to move all my crap somewhere only to fail training and be stuck.

I would suggest you wait until you finish all the training to move. No reason to add on the additional stress that comes with moving during training.

edit: and tbh I haven't had any time to move more than I did initially. All sim sessions have been at midnight, which means I don't wake up till 1-2pm, and days off are spent chilling out and studying. I wouldn't want to have to travel home, move, then travel back to training just to do 10-2 sim sessions for 5 more days.