View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 08:02 AM
TangoIndiaMike1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Captain for Skyhawks

Originally Posted by cgarunner View Post
I'm going to be retiring from the Coast Guard as a helo pilot and am considering the airlines. I'm looking at relocation to either Denver/Colorado Springs, Chattanooga or Nashville. I'm slightly considering eastern PA since I have family in the Northeast and could work out of NYC, Philly, Baltimore or DC. I'm looking to minimize nights away from home since I have two young kids. I know it might take a few years to build the necessary seniority. Is crazy to consider staying at a regional? It seems to me that the quality of life of a senior regional Captain must be pretty good. 80-100k annually plus my pension will be a decent income. Seems everyone is only interested in moving up; I'm not interested in constantly upgrading and changing companies, only to be the junior guy with a crap schedule every time. Recommendations for companies that could meet this goal?

Miami. Drop your schedule and pick up key west turns and work 10am-1pm. Get min guarantee and spend the rest of the time with family for breakfast and dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk