Old 02-12-2020, 06:36 PM
60av8tor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by lapekasd View Post
Hey all. I am 38yrs old and finally starting the career I should have been in from the beginning. I will have my commercial with nearly 300hrs by end of April, 2020, then moving to ME, CFI, etc, etc. I have a 4yr Aviation degree from a credited university. I have been researching preliminary regional carriers for some time now and there is so much info out there that it is hard to know when to start applying for conditional offers and know the right route to take. I live in FLA and need to remain here for at least another 8 or 9 years so I will be commuting. Any advice would be great as far as carriers to look into, etc. or just good solid info. Many thanks in advance look forward to some great insight, thanks.
Probably not what you’re wanting to hear, but the industry is very dynamic - especially at the regional level - the hero now may not be so hot by the time one interviews, gets through training, IOE, etc. And that’s if you were getting close to your 1500. Who knows what things look like in a couple years from now when you’re hitting the line. I say focus on what you’re doing now and becoming a good CFI, not just killing time to 1500.