View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 06:11 AM
Casualinterest
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Green Needles View Post
I know a 28 year guy that is showing 13 days off, and not voluntarily. Most lineholders are 10-11 days off because management nearly stopped hiring for a while and now is hiring only minimally. We lost 46 last month and hired less than 40. It's not overdramatic, it's simple math. We are growing at 2-3 planes per month, but our seniority list is shrinking. It's simple math. New guys need to know the truth, not company propaganda. We are understaffed and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Unless Daddy D lets go of their big ego and starts thinking about the F word AND we significantly increase our training capacity, understaffing, credit pushes, and min days off are what the future holds.

We need 80-90 pilots per month to hire for attrition and growth. The last class had 7 people. Like I said, if you want QOL and work-life balance, do not come here.
You are being a little hyperbolic. Lots of general statements, and "I know a guy" not much fact.

Just looking at NYC 900 FO mock.
200 lines
Line 147 is 13 days off all commutable
Line 134 is 14 days off somewhat commutable
Line 129 is 15 days off somewhat commutable

I didn't look at the other bases yet.
​​​​​​There is some truth to your statement that there are fewer days off this month. Buuut
It's a 28 day month so everyone gets one fewer say.
It's March, one of our busiest months of the year. Just look at aircraft utilization in the bid pack.

And not for nothing but a lot of (Junior) FO's I talk to are thrilled to be flying now, and their biggest complaint was sitting around not doing anything.