View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 06:14 AM
pad39a
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Originally Posted by Green Needles View Post
It's simple math. New guys need to know the truth, not company propaganda. We are understaffed and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Unless Daddy D lets go of their big ego and starts thinking about the F word AND we significantly increase our training capacity, understaffing, credit pushes, and min days off are what the future holds.
=12pt
I don’t have an issue with your overall point, which seems to be that we are understaffed, career progression isn’t as good as at the AA WOs, and that isn’t likely to change anytime soon. I agree. My issue is that you said “look at the mock—almost everyone has 10 days off.” That led into “you won’t have QOL and you’ll never see your family” etc etc. So I open the mock, and the top half of lineholders in the position I looked at average at least 14 days off, if not more. I’ve had min days off for a lot of my time here, and I felt like my QOL has been ok and I’ve seen my family plenty. But I live in base, so maybe I’m not an accurate representation of our pilot group.

I think your overall point is valid, valid enough that it doesn’t need exaggerated claims to support it.