View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 04:04 PM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by Parma3980 View Post
I don’t spend time on this site, every now and then there is good information about jobs/ company’s. Or info on accidents etc. but posts like SWIFT THE TRUTH. Is what I try to avoid. I can’t sit back and Let that post be read without you hearing from another, not recently fired Swift pilot. I am a current Swift Captain. Before Swift I flew for a 121 regional and 21 years at A Major . I consider myself a Professional Pilot. And I try to carry myself that way.
A professional pilot doesn’t burn bridges and try to take down a whole company and screw what was once his brothers and sisters that he flew with at SWIFT
I hope the reader can see this post for what it is ; a disgruntled, recently let go pilot who had a great job. but screwed up. This person is not a representation of the professional pilot group that we are. At every airline I have worked , we have had our share of drama, problems etc. but we keep it in house work things out. We act professional.

Is Swift an Unsafe airline? absolutely not. Do we break the rules break the FARs etc? No we do Not. Does scheduling ask for extensions etc? Show me an airline where they don’t. We have the ability to say no, we have the ability to be professional aviators and write up discrepancies with aircraft. I have never been forced or threatened to fly an unsafe airplane. Of course we fly older airplanes. That is what we fly older 737’s . We also fly with mechanics which is a lot safer than most airlines. Our airplanes are heavily utilized so sometimes we fly with MELs. As does any airline.

We have been in business a long time. Swift is managed by people who know how to run an airline and be profitable. Our chief pilot is one the most passionate individuals who will give you the shirt off his back. Loyalty is a two way street, no one likes to be stabbed in the back and that’s what the previous post did. It’s really not fair. It stabbed the backs of every hard working pilot and individual at Swift airlines.
I apologize to all the previous readers that one of our immature pilots that was fired acted like a 2 yr old and wrote such a ridiculous post. This is not the reality I live in or the company I work for, not even close.
I have flown scheduled 121 for 27 years. I’ve had a great career and I’m lucky to have a fun job today like I do at Swift airlines. It’s not for everyone it’s challenging, it’s constantly changing as charters do. But it’s FUN. It is operated by a great group of passionate people who love their jobs and want to see this company continue to grow and improve.

I will gladly answer anyone’s questions or concerns about Swift. Send me a private message. Just do me a favor and take posts on here for what they are. It’s easy to spot a snake, someone who was just fired. The rub is that if that post was all true then that person who wrote the original post just basically damned himself from ever getting a job again..

there was a similar post on here a time ago. I read it just before I was hired here and it wasn’t pretty but I decided I would see for myself that it probably was a similar disgruntled ex. I am glad I did. Sure this place isnt perfect but no company I’ve ever worked for was perfect. I am having a blast flying all the different missions that Swift flys and I love the people I work with. I dare say I am having the most fun I ever have had in my career.
check it out for yourself I am glad I did.
j
and you left a 121 major airline for Swift why?
Took a management job?

Oh, I’m at a 121 carrier, and not once have I been asked to extend. Moreover, not once in the past two years have I had my trip extended or been junior manned.
Your idea that all airlines use 117 duty extensions is flat out wrong.