View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 04:41 PM
slantgolf
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2019

has someone been giving you fake hours?

i have Around 2 years on property. i came here with 1500 hrs all piston part 91.

FO line holder in LGA. i'm one of the top 30% of FOs
flew just under 700 hrs last year
qualified for captain upgrade in under 2 years.

I usually bid for lines based on days i want off (weekends and most days off typically), rather than by pay or hours. My lines end up being worth anywhere from 72 to 88 hours. my line last month was worth 77 hours and i got some weekends off, worked some weekends. i think 14 day off.
i only pick up OT if its juicy these days. I commute so no chance im wasting a day off for 3 hrs pay. The flying varies monthly so schedules will never stay the same.

back when i was a senior fo on reserve i flew from 35-50 hours a month. i liked to fly as much as possible then so i'd profer for most of the good trips. i got most of what i proffered for in the last months before holding a line. if there were inconvenient trips only, (like 4 day trips that overnight in lame cities with very little hours, id just bid RAP2 and usually get to sit at home all day.

when i was brand new NY was alot different and we had a lot of flying and few pilots. i flew a fair amount then too. probably 40 hours or more a month on average but didn't always get what i proffered for. that includes some OT though. rsv pilots fly considerably more when the weather is bad, so summer and winter make fore more flying than spring and fall.
staffing, and base size/flying have changed alot in 2 years and lga is smaller than it was, and less staffed. So your mileage will vary.