Thread: Mesa 3.0
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 10:37 AM
UpWeGo
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by flydrive View Post
The worst part of training is the scheduling; you will never know your entire schedule at once, at best, a few days before one training event ends, the schedules for the next event will be handed out. At worst, the current training event will end and you'll be left twisting in the wind waiting for the e-mail to come back to class. I waited 3+ months after FPT to go to SIMs, but that was 2 years ago and it has gotten better since then.

As for IAD, they're about to start transitioning from CRJs to EJets, so if you want to be based there you should definitely try to get into the EJet, even if it means being based in IAH for awhile until the new jets come on line in IAD.
Appreciate the response. How would you rate the training overall? Do Instructors seem to have your success in mind or is it a “push them through to get them to the line” mentality? I needed 1 repeat sim at my last regional, is that something Mesa allows or if you don’t pass a sim you’re out? Only reason I’m asking is because this would be my second attempt/last attempt at an airline career having failed a 121 Check. I know places need to be strict when it comes to repeat but I know some places are more generous than others. Also, Mesa is AQP for initial training correct? Thanks again for the help.