View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 05:55 AM
UnusualAttitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
They fly the same exact amount of flights to China. I think Fedex pilots are in general just habitual whiners - always have been. It's not just the new guys it's part of the chore here - for sure online. I'd say when you talk to other friends at other carriers this bears true. I remember after the C2015 CBA I had Delta friends call up and say wow, we were able to keep our pension and not go into PBS and how incredible that was. We just have a very different group of pilots here - a lot of guys that would likely be selling hot dogs at the local 7-11 but hit the gold mine with a job at Fedex and for some reason they are expecting a lot more.
Does UPS have 100+ Pilot families living in HKG? Do you have any data to support your claim that UPS flies the “exact same amount of flights into China”? My observation has been that UPS does not have anything in Asia that compares to our CAN hub.

My experience here is that there is a difference in whining and bringing light to contractual deficiencies or areas of desired improvement.

This situation is different as each pilot is tasked with their own level of risk assessment. It’s a discussion that is happening around the negotiating table no doubt but also happening with each pilot around the dinner table. There has to be a balance of personal risk tolerance and personal financial responsibility to our own families.

Your loathing of our co-workers is an unfortunate voice in the room though you’re certainly entitled to your opinion.

For the record I have spoken with my rep and they welcome feedback and provide great intel. My rep indicated an acute awareness of the needs of other segments of our group (primarily HKG pilots) and we all support them. At least most of us support them.

edit:

This article, though not scientific, would suggest that Purple flies 10% more flights in and out of China than Brown. That data in addition to the fact that as the applies to pilots there is no Brown domicile in Asia.

https://dailymemphian.com/article/10...na-coronavirus