View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 10:49 AM
MidnightHauler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by Jet Fuel View Post
Could someone who CURRENTLY works at Flex describe the duty/rest periods on the road? Is it true that you will have 14 hours duty, followed by 10 hours rest every night of your trip? I can understand if you have say 1pm flight, showing up early in case of someone else's mechanical or a pop-up trip, but if your first flight of the day is scheduled for say 9am, are you really expected to show up at the FBO at 6am after dutying off at 8pm the night before just for the sake of being at the FBO?

I have dug through old posts on Flexjet, and this seems to be what people describe, but I know there have been some QOL improvements recently, hoping to get a more updated view.
No, it's hardly like that. Also, there are many disgruntled jacka--es who constantly spread rumors and misinformation about the fractional world, let alone Flexjet.
It's a great company to work for and they take good care of us. For the most part, it's a pretty good quality of WORK life. The company pays for damn near everything when on trip rotations. Catered crew meals provided on most legs and one meal a day expensed to the company. Even though they pay $42 per diem, it's hardly necessary to use it.
Schedules vary, but keep in mind we're paid a DAILY rate, not by flight hour. In a nutshell, that means they can use you as needed while you're "on the clock". However, that doesn't always mean sitting around FBO for hours. If we're at the hotel and nothing is scheduled the next morning, they usually let us stay at the hotel on standby. Beats sitting around the airport for hours.
Every night is NOT min rest. I'm on the CL-30, which is a pretty busy fleet, but still get many 12+ hour overnights. Keep in mind, business is exploding for other areas of aviation, not just airlines. More owners are signing contracts with fractionals and business is booming, which means more flying.
​​​​​​