View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 12:09 PM
Greybush
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by Captainbfv View Post
The base is suppose to open in October I believe. No one really knows what type of flying it will cover, but most likely some of the current Florida flying along with a San Juan. The vacancy bid for the base is suppose to be in July, so I would imagine if that's accurate it would also mean a new hire class. The truth is new hires will most likely be awarded this; I'm sure a few current pilots especially junior captains will bid it. Every small base that has opened has had little to no problems filling the captain spots. Its the FO positions that have the "higher" turn over, which is good news for anyone that is fairly new and wants to become senior in that base faster. Fact is, with the current model and growth, being in the larger more senior Florida or West bases, you can be assured that you'll be on reserve for quite some time.

This airline operates differently than others for sure, and all I can say is being junior reserve in the larger bases, especially Florida sucks big time. You'll spend quite some time in the back seat of a "Larry Limo" or Lyft. Reserve in the smaller bases is better if you're looking to not fly as much and are ok with not making much ABG in the slow season.

Thank you for the info. I’m in the same boat as rolo up there.