View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 03:39 PM
Lumberg823
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Armyguy View Post
Still debating this. It does take seniority below 40% to get weekends and holidays off. Im a commuter so I will be on the road regardless. So this is a choice for me of local part 91 v legacy FO.

great schedule next month (not sarcasm). 11 nights in a hotel. 14 working days. Leave on sunday morning each trip, back home by noon last work day. 13.5k (pay/16% dc). Do that all year: @165k. Seniority will keep moving along so more pay or better schedule as time goes on (monday starts v sunday starts for example).

Corp job starting at 185k, drive to work, less overnights. Less security, less schedule flexibility. No checking non rev loads but no calling in sick if i need a break and also driving to the airport way more than 3x in a month like my current gig. No bidding southern overnights to avoid the winter either.
if you’re senior to me than def go P91 😁. One thing to consider is what the compensation will be at the end of your career. We are all in contract negotiations right now and the rumors are something like a pension will be coming back but even with today’s contracts, the senior CA’s at your legacy are probably making 3-400 without trying all that hard and a lot more with some extra flying. Financial stability and flexibility buys a lot of piece of mind and freedom. Unless of course you are senior to me 😂. Good luck