View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 03:30 AM
Jeff90
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by BigKitten229180 View Post
Coming from someone who has no chance of finding someone to sponsor my flight training it seems like ATP or some sort of University with loans is the only option for me. ATP will finance the full $105,000 through Sallie Mae with an estimated monthly payment of $1300. Is this something that one could see to be manageable given the current market situation with a pilot career. My only other expenses are a $180 car note and $180 insurance payment. If I were to focus the beginning of my career into fully repaying the loan asap? I would get a 6month grace period after my 9 month training and a guaranteed flight instructor job at ATP and seems like (if there are no issues with my training/health) a guaranteed job at a regional once I reach my 1500 hours. ATP also supposedly offers a $11000 tuition reimbursement as well. Im 20 and get my AA in May as well and would like to start my training in May/June.
do not do the Tuition reimbursement you waive the right to the bonus, which is most of the time double that amount