View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 01:26 PM
NeverHome
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by Baradium View Post
That's the problem, it affects the service everyone else at your company gets as well.

It was interesting at my prior regional how many CAs didn't tip (while the FOs and FAs all did) but would also be up in arms when the van driver would care more about getting another airline's crew to the hotel a few minutes faster rather than wait for us to get curbside. Certain airlines have a reputation for crews not tipping. I wonder if we'd see an obvious breakdown if we knew who everyone in this thread worked for.
If only that were true. Personally I find that van drivers are more responsive to a crew being personable than whether or not you give them a lousy buck. Do you really think $3-$4 is really gonna sway a van driver? Or is it more likely that they will be swayed by someone genuinely interested in how there day is? More times than not, good crews end up forming good relationships with their drivers and know family names or hobbies and interests. Some drivers won’t even take the lousy buck, because the great conversations and laughs are where it’s at.

so again, tip if your so inclined. Or not, it’s up to the individual. Not anyone else. Ever.