View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 02:25 PM
MinRest
Mmmm wine

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: A220 FO

Originally Posted by AirBear View Post
That's true. I saw some very strange pilots in the US Air Force, and at US Airways, then at NetJets. Had one Captain at NetJets who carried on about all processed food being "poison", he grew his own food at his home. Had another who just came off medical leave and seemed very distracted, had to correct him a couple of times with low airspeed and trying to land on the wrong runway at IAD. Had a USAirways Captain that talked to God, and received responses . Had another one who flew P3's in the Navy and had a fairly serious narcissistic personality disorder. But he flew OK so I didn't care. He would go to dinner with new hire F/A's and then split the bill down to the penny. He got a lot of 1st dates but very few 2nd dates. He was the only pilot in his old Navy Squadron not invited to the reunion. I think most larger operations usually have their small % of oddball pilots.
My favorite captain was the one who carried around a binder around and had a bunch of info on his iPhone/iPad about a species of part alien, part human beings that live underground. I just wish they would save that loony crap for day 4 or 5, and not on day 1 leg 1....