View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 11:20 AM
StuckOnReserve
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019
Position: Crew room attendant

Originally Posted by Cessna182TypeR View Post
60-70 per month is just not happening. They’re currently attracting 7-10 a class (held on a weekly basis). That’s 30-40 a month... Not sure where you get your math.
I took his comments of 70/ month as sarcasm since only 40/month are showing up for class.

The street captains aren’t showing up at the moment and there’s just not enough to go around like there was in times past with many carriers competing for the same talent and willing to throw down big money in bonuses to acquire them.

United wants these senior pilots to apply to be street captains at Commutair to fly old ExpressJet planes but at a cheaper rate. Much the same of what they do with the ramp workers at the outstations.
The street captain concept isn't something that appealing someone who's already at a 121 carrier with a competitive upgrade time. It will be interesting to someone in who qualifies with military, 91K, or 135 time who wants to come over to 121 without starting out at YR1-FO Pay.

I’m sure some will do just that but I’m thinking the vast majority will try and bail for the likes of Jet Blue, Spirit, Frontier, Allegiant, Envoy and others from what I’ve been hearing. In the end United looses a lot of pilots feeding their operation.
Did you really just clump Envoy into the same group of LCC's? Experienced pilots leaving for LCC's to fly mainline aircraft, absolutely. But Envoy in with that group, seriously? Same Pay ( when you add in EQO), same equipment, same destination, same job flying mainline passengers for regional pay. Who is going to leave for that? Envoys flow is 8yrs so that not a perk, and if you wander over to the Envoy forum they are disgruntled as you are. This is your exit strategy, not the vast majorities. You posted this as your plan when you got the Aviate TNBT