View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 08:37 AM
jtf560
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by Guard View Post
I'd skip NetJets, old games by management are returning, the new contract "shine" is wearing off. The preach one thing in indoctrination and practice another on the line, got more than one phone call for fatiguing after multi 3 AM walkup 14 hour days and calling in sick. IUf you military avoid this place! Buyer be ware!
The old games are always possible, but so far have really only been only played on probationary pilots and few of those at that. I don't think it is really something the vast majority of new hires will have to worry about. I'm not saying some haven't been screwed over, but that if NetJets is what someone wants, it isn't a particularly great reason to go somewhere else. That said, most ex military are probably a good bet to get on with a major airline and that is most likely a much better option anyway for the majority of pilots overall.

If I were going to choose a place to work in the current pilot environment, NetJets would be pretty far down my list, behind most good airlines due to the career pay and retirement plans available elsewhere. It isn't a bad job and is most likely the top of the heap outside of the majors, but it isn't as easy a job as most airlines- you will work hard for the money for the most part and it is impossible to save as much for retirement as the B plans at the majors. I have no plans on leaving due to my personal situation, but I personally wouldn't make a go of it here if I was starting a career now and could get hired at the majors in the next 5 years or so.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk