View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 07:23 AM
berge7f9
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CRJ CPT
Default Calling in Sick for a Loft/Sim?

Calling in Sick for a Loft/Sim?

I am currently on probation as a FO for a certain Atlanta-based regional airline and commute from the other side of the country. I have been sick for about a week with the worst flu I have ever had in my life. During the past week, I have had to call in sick for a 2 day recurrent sim event. I am now almost recovered except for the fact that the sickness has caused my left Eustachian tube to become blocked.

From my doctor's opinion and a general sense of knowledge found through searching the forums and the rest of the internet, it seems to me that the process to unblock is something that can take "many weeks".

The Problem:

The biggest concern I have is that I have to have my sim event done by the end of the month, since it was supposed to happen last month and am now in the 1 month grace period. Although I cannot fly, I could technically do the sim now, but I cant travel back to the domicile via airplane which is pretty much the only way to go.

Do you think that I would be demanded to get back to the domicile for a rescheduled sim event, or would management understand my situation as a commuter?

What can be done if the one month grace period for a 6 month sim event is missed?