Thread: Expunged DUI
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 05:42 PM
Chipjumper
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Mooney driver

Originally Posted by 3000 View Post
This is the most positive thing I've seen. Can you tell me more? What do I need to do, call the consulate or something? Please give me some details.

You can apply for criminal rehabilitation at any Canadian Consulate whenever you want. You’ll have a greater chance of success if five years have passed since your restrictions concluded (probation can count too). Even if fifty years have passed, at any moment they can deny you entry.
What are the circumstances of your DUI conviction? Did it involved a collision or injuries or destruction of property? Are you a habitual alcohol user with prior issues? Have you had any other criminal convictions or even speeding tickets? They will want to know everything and then make a reasonable decision based on the totality of circumstances.

Too bad it’s not the other way for you. The US issues inadmissibility waivers frequently to anyone including murderers, rapists, and even terrorists. They need not wait even six months. The decision is made by a work group in VA now.

Source: I am a “retired” immigration officer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk