View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 06:21 PM
Slyder5
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Position: B747-400 FO

Originally Posted by MoarAlpha View Post
Has anyone at Kalitta Air ever passed up a mainline job/interview? Kalitta is becoming more of a career destination, but with many decades of work left it's hard to think of staying with the majors hiring so much. Thoughts?
I did. I had interviewed with one of the 5, 2 months prior to coming to K4. I did not get the job but was offered to re-interview in 6 months. I never called them back. That was nearly 2 1/2 years ago and I have zero regrets.

With that said everyone is on their own path. For some people its the money, for some its the retirement or both. For some they just want to be recognized for flying for “insert airline name here”. For other its quality of life. To me and me only... coming to K4 woke up my inner child and re-grounded me in an industry I was beginning to feel had turned its back on me.

I have no idea what the future holds. I have 23 years left, and this is the most fun I have EVER had flying (and I have had some incredible flying opportunities) I make more than enough here to provide a nice life for me and my family and still put a nice chunk in the bank for rainy days. If this next contract goes half as well as I think it might, its gonna have to take some serious juju for me to put my apps back out again.