View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 05:19 AM
MNPS 50N50W
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010

Originally Posted by Jeff90 View Post
no 2 pilots agree at swift because that’s the ACMI mentality, they want to job done no matter what your “that guy” if you don’t extend at 11:00 pm for a ice departure the next day you get blamed for the 100 k fine, I do have a problem with them using the aircraft I was supposed to fly right out for 6 hours but they don’t want look for a new crew, another place would have already taken you off and put another crew on it. One guy will extend the other guy is tired and doesn’t want to but we get nothing for extending why should we?
Speaking of " That Guy "
I spoke to a buddy of mine from the Miami base yesterday. He said the he was offered a one way ticket to Greensboro office, after writing up a problem with the hydraulic system on aircraft 420, and grounding it in Havana.
I have flown that airplane. It does have a bad internal leak, from B system to A system. This has been a constant problem with this aircraft for more than a year. Starting after it had the accident with significant damage to the nose gear in Caracas. Maintenance has known about the problem all along.
The guy decided to resign, rather than go to Greensboro to have a conversation with the CP. I told him that he should have gone to the meeting, and fought for his job. But he said that he was just fed up with the" Fly the Aircraft if it still has Wings ", constant pressure to move the metal, and the threats from BVL, and the CP. The guy was one of the better Captains in Miami, and well liked. The guy knew his stuff, and always did the right thing. But as he said, he just could no longer deal with the lack of safety, and continuous incidents, accidents, close calls.
I agreed with him.
Walk when you had enough.