View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 11:15 AM
NYFinExec
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by BLott4 View Post
In Canada, yes it will be a problem. The attitude here is basically, how do we know you haven't been convicted of a felony. A friend of mine, going through a divorce, had this happen to him every time he comes to Canada. He gets in, but the questioning is pretty long. He carries some paperwork, I can't remember what, from the judge that pretty much explains the circumstances.

From what I have seen from the islands, I can't see a problem. They only seem interested in clearing me if I am staying overnight, and even then, it is quite cursory.
Inaccurate, Canada can access/query NCIC within all ports of entry for screening purposes. The list of inadmissible offenses does not just limit to felonies (DUI for example) and would require application for “rehabilitation” which is a fairly easy process.

Such orders as included in NCIC within the Protective Order File and there will be an indicator on a type III query to look there. Of course you can expect secondary screening and interviews every time until the order is expired.