Old 02-26-2020, 03:10 PM
sunshine7
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by 3000 View Post
This question is specific to Skywest since I'm considering quitting my job and getting into their Pathway Program. So it's a big commitment for me. I have asked this question elsewhere before, but never got a straight answer. So please don't bash me.

Has anyone with a DUI (less than 5 years), expunged or not been hired or turned down because of it?.

Canada doesn't allow entry for DUI unless 10 years have passed.

Does the airline hire you and just assign you to non-Canada routes or simply not hire?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, No hypothetical. ONLY answer if you've actually experienced or seen this.

Thank you

I joined the pathway program, studied and scheduled an interview etc. during the HR portion of the interview I openly told the interviewer I was convicted of a dui before I got into flying. it was within 4-5 years. long story short, I got a call with a job offer(took longer than expected for them to get back to me) and they told me they were happy I disclosed such information upfront. i never got mine expunged, and even if you do, it can still show up during a backround check from my understanding.
that being said, I handled the canada stuff on my end, and I would recommend you do the same. You are not eligible for criminal rehabilitation until 5 years after your sentencing/probation has ended, thus you have to apply for a temporary residence permit (which can grant you canadian entry for up to 3 years).
You should reach out to your advocate and tell them upfront first and get the answers you need before you interview.
DONT GET ANOTHER ONE.