Old 02-26-2020, 03:43 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by sunshine7 View Post
I joined the pathway program, studied and scheduled an interview etc. during the HR portion of the interview I openly told the interviewer I was convicted of a dui before I got into flying. it was within 4-5 years. long story short, I got a call with a job offer(took longer than expected for them to get back to me) and they told me they were happy I disclosed such information upfront. i never got mine expunged, and even if you do, it can still show up during a backround check from my understanding.
that being said, I handled the canada stuff on my end, and I would recommend you do the same. You are not eligible for criminal rehabilitation until 5 years after your sentencing/probation has ended, thus you have to apply for a temporary residence permit (which can grant you canadian entry for up to 3 years).
You should reach out to your advocate and tell them upfront first and get the answers you need before you interview.
DONT GET ANOTHER ONE.
Thanks.This is a very useful response. How likely/difficult was Canada to give you the TRP?