View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 08:05 PM
Vernon Demerest
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by flyguy81 View Post
For example: At SWA you can bid rsv and your guarantee is 89. If they call you out for a rigged 3 day you’re guaranteed 90.5. Let’s say you pick up a 2 day that pays 13. Now you’re at 103.5. You’ve worked 5 days.
  • At United you can pick up on days off on rsv but you don’t go over guarantee. AA from what I’ve been told can’t exceed a certain line value. Delta has green slips and rolling thunder. Different contracts, so most places have some way to augment pay if you choose to do so.

I wish I didn’t have to work more to make the same pay as the guy in the Widget 737. Yr 1-5 FO were sold out in the last cycle for whatever reason.

I can pick up 3 days of work and make what my wife would have brought in had she kept her job. Small price to pay for her to stay home with the kids since I no longer have to pay daycare costs, etc.

Longer I’m here the less I work since I’m making more. I only add 2 days a month now. 16 days off for me is plenty....and even with that I’m only away from my bed 8-10 nights a month.
Not that it matters here but the bolded quote from you is incorrect. You do break guarantee as soon as you pickup on a day off on reserve (as you probably do at ANY airline I would think) at United. Someone gave you bad info.