Thread: SkyWest ?’s
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 11:52 AM
Cazadores
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by karter34 View Post
Yeah, I'm probably going to move once I can upgrade. I'm lucky enough to have family that lives about an hour from SFO, so I'm planning to staying with them as an FO. But as of right now my plan is to take an upgrade into a junior base and move to base. SFO is only my #1 priority as an FO so I can same some cash. I understand the CRJ captain side is much more junior overall, how often do people switch types at upgrade?
I guess I'd say, if you want the ERJ than why are you asking what you should do?

Here it is, you will likely fly more, and therefore meet the requirements for upgrade, quicker on the CRJ. You will hold the base of your choice faster, and fly more, as a CRJ captain.

Personally, if I knew I was going to upgrade on a given airframe, i would want as much experience on that airframe as possible. Why complicate matters by upgrading, being a new captain, and learning a new jet all at the same time? Yes, people do it regularly, but why set yourself up for it?

Anyway, I really enjoyed the CRJ and am very glad I had that experience. if you want to fly the ERJ by all means, stay in that class. My crystal ball is cloudy so I cant predict what will happen, my guess is any further expansion will be a long time coming after the AA jets arrive and Compass winds down. As people move to the ERJ or move on, the CRJ will continue to see all the movement.

But who knows. My advice and reasons for it are free and offered as a way to break my ERJ reserve boredom.

Have fun.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk