View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 08:11 AM
Turbine1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by C17B74 View Post
Doh! Bankruptcy got it, shutdown got it. Aside from that, using the breakup and sale scenario is there any potential buyer for Polar at the minimum? (Hypothetically if there was, isn’t the Atlas certificate tied with Polar or the other way around. Buy one, get the other or am I totally way off base with that summation?)
IMO it’s unlikely Polar would be sold, they have the valuable Far East landing rights and DHL owns 49% of Polar. DHL won’t want to give those up. Between the Atlas and Southern AOC’s, Southern has the 777 type certificate and training program and DHL is moving away from the 747. I think if an AOC is sold it would be the Atlas one to Amazon minus most or all of their pilots. Southern and Polar would remain with only 777’s feeding in the international cargo to the Prime Air CVG hub 767’s and 737’s all crewed by new hire Amazon crews.
I’m paraphrasing one of our union attorneys that Scope is a freebie to TA for the company, there’s no economic impacts. The only reason they’re refusing to discuss Scope is the company is planning to do something bad to the pilot group.

Last edited by Turbine1; 02-29-2020 at 08:37 AM.