View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 08:51 AM
Atrasaty
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by Turbine1 View Post
IMO it’s unlikely Polar would be sold, they have the valuable Far East landing rights and DHL owns 49% of Polar. DHL won’t want to give those up. Between the Atlas and Southern AOC’s, Southern has the 777 type certificate and training program and DHL is moving away from the 747. I think if an AOC is sold it would be the Atlas one to Amazon minus most or all of their pilots. Southern and Polar would remain with only 777’s feeding in the international cargo to the Prime Air CVG hub 767’s and 737’s all crewed by new hire Amazon crews.
I’m paraphrasing one of our union attorneys that Scope is a freebie to TA for the company, there’s no economic impacts. The only reason they’re refusing to discuss Scope is the company is planning to do something bad to the pilot group.

I agree that something bad is coming our way. I think however that the company will argue whether it be to an arbitrator or a bankruptcy judge that scope is a massive economic issue and will hinder their plans to satisfy their stock holders unless they get exactly what they need.... and they will get in under either scenario. I have heard from several 767 pilots that when the day of reckoning comes they will be saved by Amazon and the 747 pilots wil be sacrificed, thus they are not bidding for the 747 even though their seniority can hold it. Interestingly I see that one of the Exco members, leading negotiator and current 767 Captain is currently in MIA transitioning to 747 Captain..... I guess he never got the Amazon to the rescue memo.