Thread: 175's are done
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 09:18 PM
Cessna182TypeR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by achfly View Post
I'm sure it seems that way to you.... But the other regionals move much faster. Skywest is attractive because it has so many base options.... But then you look at the hire date of the most junior captains there.... Wow. But even if you take the average hire date of the most junior captains at each of skywest bases that number is still quite bit more than the other regionals. When you're talking west coast bases..... Forget about it. TPIC is where it's at for going to a legacy. Some get in without it but I don't think I'm that cool. I hit 1k hours next month at Compass and if they close shop skywest will be last on my list. Nothing personal. I'm from St George and I know tons of folks that love skywest.... But that's the problem.... Too many lifers.

​​​Some 15 year guy at skywest was trying to recruit me and said 'oh I guess you guys drink a different coolaid at Compass.' I said, "no. You're missing the point. People at Compass are not drinking Compass coolaid.... They are drinking the coolaid for somewhere better..... FedEx, Delta, American, UPS, Southwest.... United...."
Take a guess what the seniority is of the average CA line holder at XJT?