Thread: QOL opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 09:15 PM
NYFinExec
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Default QOL opinions

Hi all,

We are picking up a new aircraft soon to add to family/corporate fleet. This aircraft will not be based with the others we have existing in the north east and will be in the south/mid Atlantic region. So essentially an entirely new flight department on the ground at the new base (schedule/dispatch, finance, etc handled by parent office but maintenance, training are kept local with the flight crew) and we are self managing.

I am looking for ideas (beyond salary, as we are well above the average) to increase quality of life and ensure retention. This is a long range plane, benefits are A+ so keep in mind I am looking for things beyond 401(k) and insurances. One thing I intend to add and stole from another thread is a rider on our disability insurance that would ensure salary is paid if there is a loss of medical due to no fault of the pilot. Want to ensure a world class department and we plan to carry over any changes internally to our existing staff as well (2 planes in north east and 1 west along with 1 helicopter in the north east.) and have opened up an anonymous form for suggestions internally as well.