Thread: Let's Talk Pay.
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 04:59 AM
Pyridoxine
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Default Let's Talk Pay.

What are Frontier pilots REALLY making money-wise? I'm asking as an outsider.

What I Do Know
  • Pay rates from the contract with pay increases through 2023
  • 12% 401(k) DC increasing 1% per year to 15%
  • Your average line values across most bases is around 82 credit hours, 15 days off
  • You guys have rigs, 125% premium over 82 credit hours + some 150% or 200% premium opportunities which I understand compound in some instances (i.e. line starts 82 credit hours, you pick up premium at 150% which makes the pay rate 175%)
So, that said, what are some of the possibilities for those looking to work for extra $$$ and those looking to work minimally at less pay? I'm curious what line holders can credit if they're willing to block 80+ hours a month, as well as how efficient one's schedule can be (e.g. do you have to work down to 11 days off to block 90 hours in a given month?). On the flipside, how possible is it to have 18 days off without dropping trips, if at all? Basically, I'm just looking for what's realistic for someone with middle-of-the-road seniority as an FO or CA; you hear about the captains that make $400k-$500k in extreme examples where they're probably living in an Airbus most of the year and using all of their vacation to double-dip -- if you're one of those people, add to the conversation of what's possible, but I'm mostly curious in terms of realistic expectation management.