Thread: Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 10:06 AM
onedolla
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by RemoveB4flght View Post
Your first suggestion certainly has merit, but I’m afraid this part is probably just spitting in the wind.

The chats for new hires with the union mentors is certainly a step in the right direction, and are very valuable, particularly to those new to 121. Less memes and conjecture and more contract and communication.

The volunteers probably don’t get the credit they deserve for the work they do. Unfortunately the ratios of mentors to new hires is continually diluted, and another suggestion would be to increase their numbers.
I agree with the necessity and benefit of a quick question and answer resource for the new hires, or for that matter, the entire pilot group (plenty of non-new hires with no idea about the contract as well), however, I believe there are now multiple full Whatsapp chats for the last few years of new hires, which might signal the time to move onto a resource like an internal union supported forum or message board so everyone can be consolidated into one group, questions aren't being answered multiple times, and mentors' time and effort aren't being wasted and spread so thin. I've made the suggestion to deaf ears though, so maybe it's a bad idea.