View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 10:46 AM
Tpinks
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by KCaviator View Post
No plans to repaint the UAX aircraft in the new livery. If there is a future with UA, you’d think this would be in the plans somewhere down the road. But I guess their thought is why repaint them if they’ll be coming off contract and not getting renewed.

The writing on the wall keeps getting bolder.
remove the tin foil hat...

lol but seriously, why would we waste money repainting planes that were painted less than 5 years ago at the factory? Our 175’s all still in good paint quality and can go until the end of the current branding. The 170’s are rougher, but if they are Going to AA soon, why would they paint them twice?

If United wants them painted, they will be painted. Is Mesa repainting any of their 175’s currently? As far as I have seen, they are not.

As long as I have been here, the only planes I have ever seen go for repaint outside of heavy Mx cycles are the old company paint jobs that were specifically added to the DL contract and the planes we took back from Aeromexico that became the new company planes.

I mean we flew around the US Airways planes for years with AA paint and US interiors. They aren’t going to take a plane out of service to get painted if they don’t have the extra slack in fleet capacity.